Friday, August 16, 2013

It's Me Again...Finally

Well...it's been over a month since I have posted anything. In all honesty, I have been overwhelmed dealing with getting my medications straight. I haven't written, because I just haven't felt like myself. Then last Friday I was home visiting Mom after her first round of chemo, and I got into a car accident while going to pick up the pizza for dinner. Now yesterday I find out that the woman is filing a personal injury claim. Geez. Okay, so rewind. Back to my medicines. I revealed early at the start of my blog that I take antidepressants and anti anxiety medication. All was well until I got back from Spain in late March. At that time I started having all of these unbearable side effects from the meds that I was on. Long story not so short, after a psychiatrist change and breaking out in hives all over my body as an allergic reaction to the second most recent med that we were trying, I am back on a medication that worked for me well a long time ago. I am praying that it works out this time, because I am exhausted from not having it right and not feeling like myself.

Mom is responding extremely well to the chemo and after shots (which can evidently make you even more sick than the chemo)! She had her second treatment and after shot this week. Her hair only started to fall out yesterday. She gets it all cut off tomorrow. I can't imagine what that would be like emotionally, but she seems to be handling it all like a champ. I always knew my Mom was amazing, but after all of this I see just HOW INCREDIBLE she really is!!!! I love her soooooo much!!!!!!

The wreck. Ugh. Thankfully I was by myself, and I was just fine. Now we just have to deal with squeezing two car seats in a small rental and the whole personal injury claim thing.

The house is still on the market. We had a second showing this week, but no response, so guessing that is a no. In the meantime, we have started looking at new builds. The last plan I heard from Chris was to keep it on the market another month or two then take it off for the winter before starting again in the spring. We put it on early in case it took a long time to sell.

The next up project is that I have to get two tooth implants as a result of bad dental work. Long story. I did find out this week that the $5,000 does NOT include the crowns. Wonder how much more that one will cost?!

In the meantime Collins turned 1! It was bittersweet at her party because my family wasn't able to be here, but we celebrated with the Buckleys and our closest friends Trav, Wren, and the kids. Collins loved all the decorations and her cake. She was so cute!! She couldn't stop saying "Ooooooohhhhhh!" Here are a few pics from her small party. I felt so guilty for not going all out, but with Mom having cancer nothing else has seemed important lately. It turned out cute anyway, and as I said, Collins had a ball!!










1 comment:

  1. I think you did a beautiful job on the party! You are so creative. And so sorry about your wreck. At least you are ok though and the girls weren't with you. Still praying for Mrs. Susan and her treatments. She is a super strong person!

    ReplyDelete