Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'm Over It

I'm over it...the house being on the market and waiting for my Mom's surgery. I have the house ready for a show anytime I leave, you know...just in case. No surprise showings ever. Which I guess is a good thing. It's just annoying. We haven't had a ton of showings either. The last one the people supposedly loved the house but thought it was overpriced. So we lowered it $5000 before we have our open house this Sunday. I've even been windexing behind the blinds. (Very unlike me!) I'm over being on the market and ready to find something new and get started on starting a new chapter. The house hasn't even been on the market very long, but patience has never been in my vocabulary. Why start now? : ) Chris and I have been looking at the houses in our price range, but really we most likely won't buy until we sell (unless it was a short sale or something), so that can be pointless, too. I have tried not to get attached to any of the houses since they will most likely sell before ours. All very frustrating to me.

My Mom's surgery is a week from tomorrow. I'm nervous and relieved at the same time. Relieved they will finally be getting the cancer out and nervous they will find something in the lymph nodes. If it is less than 5 mm in depth, she won't even have to do radiation. What an amazing blessing that would be, but that is not even my prayer. I am just praying so hard it isn't in the lymph nodes and hasn't spread. If it is contained and they get it in this surgery, we will all be so very relieved. Please join me in prayer for this. We are taking any and all prayers we can get!! And thank you for your care and support during this hard and uncertain time. My Mom is everything to me. Being home was wonderful, and I definitely wasn't ready to come back to "real life" where I am by myself most of the time. Being home I love having my Mom and my sister as company and someone to talk to. It makes everyday fun even if we are doing nothing at all. So, it was a good visit, and although I cannot go home for the surgery (HA has a school program the next day), I plan on going back the first of June. Counting down the days already!!

~Nattie B

3 comments:

  1. Praying and praying for your mom's surgery next week! And praying for your house to sell soon. I have zero patience either so I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All of the prayers are greatly appreciated!!! And thanks for commenting. No one ever comments anymore, and it makes me feel like no one is reading even though the numbers say they are. :)

      Delete
    2. I've noticed the same thing on my blog. My numbers actually went up but there are no comments, lol. Makes me feel like people click and then go "oh nevermind" and leave, haha!

      Delete