Thursday, April 11, 2013

Not For Sale By Owner After All

Okay. We did it, and it's official!! Our house is on the market. We tried the whole For Sale By Owner thing...for less than 2 weeks!! We ended up listing with an agent that does a flat rate fee as opposed to the %. The house is on MLS as of today, and Chris waited to put the sign in the yard until it rained today to soften the ground. A lot is going on in my head about the whole thing. First and foremost is attempting to keep a house clean 24/7 with a 4 year old, 8 month old (I can't believe she's that big already!), and a dog. Whew. Keyword is attempting. Next up is finding a house I love in our budget in the area(s) we want to be in. Mainly it all terrifies me. The unknown. The unknown timeline of selling. I mean it could take 6 months or more to sell, but then there is the story like the girl told me today at HA's swim class. Where they sold their house in a week! The unknown timeline of buying. Do i look now only to fall in love and not be able to buy it because ours isn't sold? Leaving the memories from this house also makes me a little sad. It is our second house. We have lived here 6 good years. A lot has happened in those years. You know, like 2 kids?! We literally just started, and I'm already ready for it to be over! Uh oh.....





1 comment: