Monday, April 1, 2013

Turns out I do want it all!

Due to several conversations lately, it has been brought to my attention (yet again) that I want it all. Nothing wrong with that, right? Not so fast. I think that I may be getting lost in the 'what is to be' more than the 'what we have here and now.' I'm not okay with this. I think it's great to strive for more. That's how we are. It's part of what makes us Americans. It is all over our culture. I think it's good and healthy to a point, but you can easily get carried away. And I think that I've been a little carried away lately. I broke down this morning on the phone with my girlfriend (from college) Amanda about all of it. It kind of came out of nowhere. You know that happens a lot when it is something that God wants you to deal with or face that you aren't even processing is an issue. Well, it happened again. I just feel so guilty to be so greedy in my wants of material things in life when God has already given me and my family so much more than I could ever deserve!!!!!! So how dare me to be even the least bit ungrateful by constantly wanting more?! So thankful for wise, understanding, and kind friends always willing to listen and help!!! I pray that God can help make me more thankful and less 'wantful.'

-Nattie B

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing too and then feel bad. We are so, so blessed beyond words but it's definitely easy to get caught up. I do it too...more than I would like. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for not leaving me out there alone. :)

      Delete
  2. 'May we be consumed with the creator of all things more than the things he created.' Being grateful and content is all about perspective. We can choose to be thankful for what we have or miserable over what we don't. Thank you for reminding me how easy it is to become consumed by our dreams instead of living in our present. 'Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.' ;) Love you! And you are right, you are so blessed, we all are.

    ReplyDelete