Monday, February 25, 2013

Facing the Day Part 2: A few new beauty favs

I have a few new beauty products that I am loving right now, and I thought I would share them with you. I always like trying new things especially if they come highly recommended by a credible source. And yes, I'm credible. At least I think I am.
 
 
First up, remember how on my previous 'Facing the Day' post I shared that I used the Suave kid's detangler in lieu of conditioner since my hair is so thin? Well, I was getting my hair cut by my new girl Elle (whom I adore, and if you are anywhere near the Nashville/Franklin area, call The Studio by Studio Gaven to make an appointment with her!!), and I was explaining how I hate the way hair products make my hair feel. Wellllll....actually it started because I was complaining that I don't have enough volume in my hair. So she asked what products I used to which my response was none and that I hated the feel of products in my hair. To which her response was of course that you cannot get more volume if you don't use products. Anywho, she asked me if I was going to use a product what would my perfect product be. I said a spray conditioner that detangles. Here is the Pureology one she recommended, and I love it!! It's even actually good for my hair.
 
Pureology Perfect 4 Platinum
You can get it at your local salon
$24.00 (but a little goes a long way)
 
 
Next is my new favorite lip color. When I hosted the girl's night for Wren, she gave me that adorable silver owl cosmetic pouch. Inside were two Bert Bees Lip Shimmers. The Bert's Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel is my new go-to for my lips. It has just the right amount of color, and it doesn't dry my lips out. I love glosses, but they don't stay on for very long. And the ones that so always dry out my lips. So this is the perfect combo, and it smells like yummy mint!
 
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Caramel
Target
$5.00
 
Number 3. When I was out shopping for my BFF from high school's birthday gift last month, I was in the Coach store. When I bought her a key chain, the sales associate through in a sample of their newest perfume Love. It's not too strong, so I wear it every single day. In fact, I'm already out of my freebie.
 
Love by Coach
$72.00
 
And last but not least, I use lip balm a lot. My lips get really dry. The same day that I got the little Love sample, I also went into Sephora. Since it was the beginning of the year, they had a bunch of leftover birthday gifts they were trying to get rid of. They put these Sugar Rose Fresh lip treatments in my bag as a free gift! I love them, and it doesn't hurt that they smell like lemon cake. I use the one that is tinted on the days I'm headed to the gym and don't wear makeup. Okay, that's a lie. I wear under eye concealer and powder. People would run if I wore no makeup at all! : )
 
Sugar Rose Fresh
$22.50
 
 
Hope you get a chance and try out one of these products from your high "qualified" source!
 
~Nattie B
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I need some volume but hate products! I don't like to wash my hair every day and feel like I have to if I use any products. It's so damaging to wash everyday. At least for my hair. Love that sugar rose fresh!

    ReplyDelete