Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love is FINALLY in the Air - Valentines & treats for HA's class

Well, we finally made it to Valentine's Day!! I've only been posting about it for about a month now. I'm in a super good mood. My Mom came up for a visit Wednesday afternoon. I love when she comes. We don't do anything special, but I just love when she is here. It's fun having someone to talk to and not through text messages. We took Collins and went to HA's class's Valentine's party. Yes, it was on Wednesday. Mom didn't want to go, because she had cataract surgery Monday so she can't wear eye make-up for a week. She didn't want the people at the school to see her without eye make-up. Guess that's where I get feeling the need to go in a baseball cap and my glasses "incognito" if my hair and eyes aren't done. And I wear a cap and glasses a lot, remember?! Tuesday I made the actual Valentines for HA's class and her teachers, so Wednesday I worked on the treats: chocolate-dipped Rice Krispies treats with sprinkles.

The Valentines: Cherry Ring Pops in a "ring" box
 
 
 
 
And for her teachers and the school directors, we were shooting for "Brownie Points!"
Hey Kelly, did it work?! (Pinterest idea!)
 
 
Next up were the Rice Krispies treats dipped in chocolate. I found this amazing little Wilton Chocolate Pro thingy when I was at JoAnn's on Tuesday. It was $29.99, and I had a 40% off coupon on my phone. If you shop any craft stores, most all of them now have an app for your smart phone with free coupons!! Yes, please!!
 
 
If you will notice in the pictures below, I didn't actually even end up using the sprinkles that are in that above picture, I just ate them while I used the others I decided would be cuter and more uniform. Here they are all complete sans my signature lollipop stick.  Yeah, yeah, that's Woodchuck Cider over on the left.
 
 
Aaaaaaannnnnndddddd......with the signature stick.
 
 
Kelly (AKA the school head honcho director who apparently resorts to my blog only when bored), since you ate two I'll ask you were they good??!
 
And here is the whole lot all together:
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the party, we went to the mall to get HA new tennis shoes. Stride Rite luckily had a sale at the same time she out grew hers! We were walking around in Crazy 8 when I saw this cute little hat. Collins loves hats like her Mommy, so I put one on her. It was too cute not to share!!
 
 
 
~ Nattie B
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I can always count on you to make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete